About Catholic Schools (ACE)
ACE: About Catholic Schools
Founded in 1993, the University of Notre Dame's Alliance for Catholic Education (ACE) recruits and forms the next generation of teachers and leaders, establishes networks to extend the Catholic school advantage to thousands of new families, and offers an array of programs developed to strengthen Catholic schools. On September 30, 2015 ACE produced a fact sheet about Catholic schools. Their research shows that:
- Catholic schooling raises college entrance rates by 14%; by 27% for minority students.
- Catholic schooling raises achievement by roughly one grade level.
- Graduates of Catholic schools are likely to earn good wages.
- Graduates of Catholic schools are likely to vote, are civically engaged, and tolerate diverse views.
- The student/teacher ratio in Catholic schools is 14/1.
- Catholic schools provide over 20.5 billion dollars in savings for our nation.
- Catholic schools tend to produce graduates who are committed to service.
- Catholic school graduates secretly miss having their clothes picked out for them five days a week.
- Two million students attend Catholic school in the USA. Why not you?
Citations and complete information at http://ace.nd.edu/.
© 2017 Sacred Heart of Jesus School. All rights reserved.