Uniform Policy - Shoes (Boys and Girls)
- Dress or tennis shoes. Tennis shoes in neutral colors with non-marking soles are required for gym.
- Shoes must have closed toes and backs; no clogs, Crocks, slides, flip-flops, moccasins, work boots, or sandals. Shoelaces must be tied. Snow boots, including Uggs, are not part of the uniform and may be worn only during inclement weather. Boots with high heels are unsafe and should not be worn to school.
Uniform Policy - Miscellaneous Standards
- No makeup (this includes colored Chap Stick, body glitter and eye shadow) or artificial nails. Clear nail polish is acceptable. Due to students with allergies, please refrain from using perfume.
- Dress is expected to be neat, clean, modest and appropriate in size.
- No unusual hairstyles. The administration has the right to interpret the word unusual in hairstyle and length.
- No hair shall be frosted, tipped, streaked, or of an unnatural color.
- Boys’ hair should be kept above the collar or shorter.
- One pair of small earrings (no dangling) may be worn by girls.
- Boys may wear one small stud earring.
- Jewelry should be kept to a MINIMUM and not in conflict with the Catholic faith.
- Necklaces should be limited to a single gold/silver chain. No chocker/hanging necklaces, puka beads etc. Bangle bracelets, stacked bracelets are not acceptable.
- No colored T-shirts or T-shirts with logos are to be worn under the uniform.
- White undershirts are acceptable.
- Headscarves may not be worn.
- No tongue, nose or body piercing. No tattoos.
- Grooming items used in the classroom will be confiscated.
- Shorts may not be worn on Mass days.
- Students may not wear hats or sunglasses in any building on the Sacred Heart of Jesus campus. Any student choosing to wear a hat or sunglasses in the building will be asked to remove it.
© 2017 Sacred Heart of Jesus School. All rights reserved.